Monday, May 28, 2007

Me and My Poem

Hi,
I'm Fourth (no thats not my real name) Jens daughter! I have entered the world of blogging portraitofpeter and Jen (my mom) have already gave me a warm welcome! I couldn't wait to write a post, so I'm writing one at 10:00pm!

I wrote a poem, it's called Summer

this is a poem about Summer,
Summer is good ,
Summer is great,
The reason I love Summer is...
The roses grow wild,
The lillies do too,
The grass will grow if you water it right,

(I know what you're thinking there's more to Summer than "grass, roses, and lillies".(Don't worry here comes the fun stuff)

Summer is when you can go have water fight's and not have mom have you write a five hundred word essay on why not have water fight's( in the cold),
Summer is fun because there is no school,
There is more than plenty of time to read the Bible and still have plenty if time to read freely,
That is all I have,
it may still sound like a poem thats because it is still a poem,
I hope you like it,
I'll keep writing, if you keep reading,
Tell me if you like this.

9 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Hey, who was up so late?
Kidding, You are quite the poet.

I love summer because it makes me realize it is another season for my bambina in her growing up years!

You are absolutely delightful!!!

I am awaiting the next post:)

PS I love the pets...they are the sweetest, least smelly pets ever in the family! I really love the names!

Portrait of Peter said...

Oh, how sweet your poem of Summer - so enchanting and reflective of beautiful sunshine days.

Your beautiful poetry helped one's imagination of such days so vividly as well as to reflect on one's childhood days too.

Do please continue as you are such a natural poet - as words flow so elegantly from your pen.

Thank you for sharing with us and of your kind comments and a Big Welcome to what I hope will be a new future of blogs - in poetry and in dreams.

Portrait of Peter said...

I too find myself late in the evening - so inspired

Also how poetic thughts can come to mind and as result I always carry a recorder as well as a notebook to quickly jot down.

Fourth said...

This is to Jennifer......
Thank you Mom!
Knowing that you like it makes my day!!!!!!


This is to portraitofpeter


I didn't think I would have a friend the first day I started!
You like poetry i see, I like it too!
it lights up my day!
I love the way it just goes freely throughout the paper,
its fun no doubt!,
till next time, FoUrTh

Unknown said...

Just fine my dear! Keep sharing with us and making us smile.

I can tell already you are one sweet kid! oops, hope calling you a kid didn't offend! ;)

Pen of Jen said...

Wow, another pet! I am a gramie to many grananimals!!

Hopefully skiddles does not piddle:)

I sure am enjoying my wee one now growing up. It is happening so quickly and yet is so wonderful.

Hey I love YOU!

Portrait of Peter said...

Eagerly awaiting your next post - what will be I wonder???

artgirl said...

I loved your poem Fourth.

Portrait of Peter said...

I sometimes find certain tracks of music - so inspire words and in so doing the emotions to attach each word within my poems.

Perhaps this may also be a guide in which you too, can be so inspired.

Blessings to a writer whose captivation of words are expressingly beautiful.